We take our people forward. The Neumann/Smith Internship Program shapes a culture of apprenticeship and hands-on training. This integrated and collaborative 15-week program offers the opportunity to experience many aspects of the Architectural + Design Profession. Submit your resume, portfolio, + preferred track to apply for a 2023 summer internship program. Current internship program tracks at Neumann/Smith are a Design Track, Technical Track, and Interior Design Track. We look forward to helping you grow and guiding you on your continued educational and professional path.
CREATE YOUR FUTURE
DESIGN / TECHNICAL / INTERIOR DESIGN TRACK. During our 15-week program Interns participate in Learning Lab site visits, the A+D Academy, and are assigned a mentor. Interns are a part of project teams, attend client meetings, and assist in a variety of project types. Our program parallels the NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and National Council of Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) guidelines to provide a well-rounded experience and assist in the reporting of experience hours used to complete licensure requirements.
- Develop Project Presentations
- Create 3D Renderings
- Problem solving through area design
- Use Software like Rhino, Grasshopper, Virtual Reality, SketchUp, CAD, Revit, Adobe Suite
- Create Architectural Details
- Develop sets of Drawings
- Explore Construction Codes + ADA
- Use Software like AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam Studio
- Create Finish Palletes
- Learn about Industry Materials + Products
- Program projects in various Market Sectors
- Use Software like SketchUp, CAD, Revit, Adobe Suite